Human food that pets Can’t eat

Many pet owners like feeding their pets their favourite snacks and meals. Our dogs and cats generally enjoy these mealtime routines. However, as responsible pet owners, we must be mindful of some foods that may damage our furry friends. Following is a list of common foods that are harmful to both dogs and cats:


If you decide to drink, keep your pets away from the celebration. Animals are poisoned by ethanol in alcohol. Innocent exposure may have severe consequences for your cat. Alcohol has the same impact on your pet’s liver and brain as it does on people, but it takes far less to do harm. 2-3 tablespoons of an alcoholic beverage like whiskey may put a tiny dog or cat into a coma or possibly kill them. You must also checkout mentalitch.


While tiny quantities of coffee, tea, or soda won’t kill most pets, considerable amounts of coffee grinds and tea bags may cause mortality in small dogs and cats. Caffeine intoxication causes agitation, fast breathing, tremors, and heart palpitations. If you think your pet has caffeine toxicity, call your veterinarian right away.


Chocolate, a beloved human delicacy, is poisonous to dogs and cats. Small quantities are generally not a problem, but bigger amounts and darker chocolates should worry pet owners. Theobromine (methylxanthine) is found in chocolate. Its consumption may induce nausea, vomiting, hyperactivity, irregular heartbeats, seizures, and in rare instances, death. Keep your favourite chocolate treats hidden from your pet so they can’t discover them.


Carbohydrates are the devil of many diets, as are dogs and cats. Unbaked bread dough is toxic to our pets. The warm, wet environment of the stomach causes the bread dough to expand, causing bloating or even twisting. To help make bread rise, we frequently employ yeast, which when fermented generates carbon dioxide and alcohol, which may enter the bloodstream and cause severe decreases in blood sugar, pressure, and body temperature. Symptoms include vomiting, retching, distension, weakness, and collapse. Know more checkout mentalitch.

Onion & garlic

We frequently overlook the presence of these two popular components in our meals and give our dogs a taste. Both onions and garlic may induce a form of poisoning that damages red blood cells, causing them to burst. They may also irritate the stomach and tongue. Symptoms include pale gums, increased breathing or drooling, vomiting or diarrhoea. Our dogs and cats may not mind our garlic breath, but they should not consume food seasoned with any of these two spices.

Raisin & grape

Grapes and raisins should also be avoided by dogs and cats.Most dogs inebriated by grapes or raisins vomit or have diarrhoea within 6-12 hours. Anxiety, tremors, and nausea are also atypical clinical symptoms. Kidney failure usually occurs within 24-72 hours after consumption. Some pets do not suffer these severe side-effects, and the scientific explanation for this is unknown. Any pet that eats grapes or raisins should be sent to an emergency veterinary clinic.

Related posts

Maximizing Success in Camp Lejeune Claims with Expert Legal Assistance


Guide to the Most Common Contraceptive Methods for Women in Singapore

Martina C. Johnson


Martina C. Johnson