Drinking excessively can be extremely harmful to your health. If you look at the trend year on year, you will understand that there is a huge rise in the number of people drinking alcohol in the US. Excessive alcohol usage can increase the risk for a variety of health problems. The below mentioned are some of the common side-effects of excessive drinking which you must know.
- Injuries: Excessive drinking can result in motor vehicle collisions, falls, etc. These injuries can be major ones sometimes, and even death as well.
- Violence: People who are drunk can behave violently sometimes. These people might attempt suicide or harass their partners. They might also harm the people around for no reason.
- Alcohol Poisoning: This emergency situation can occur due to high blood alcohol levels. Educating the people around you about this is extremely important, otherwise, you may lose your loved ones.
- Miscarriage: Excessive drinking can cause stillbirth or miscarriage. When compared to men, women are at more risk for health problems even if they drink alcohol, in a small quantity.
- Weakens Immune System: It results in immune system deterioration, increasing the chances for more health problems.
- Chronic diseases: Drinking excessive alcohol can cause chronic diseases, and these problems are very difficult to treat.
- Many Health Problems: According to the researchers, excessive drinking is linked with high blood pressure. heart strokes, digestive problems, and liver diseases.
- Mental health issues: Anxiety and depression are two of the most common mental health issues.
- Social Issues: Social issues, such as family issues, work-related issues, and unemployment.
Alcohol affects people in many ways. Many people think that alcohol abuse disorder (AUD) and alcohol misuse are the same, but they are actually not. When it comes to AUD, it is a condition where an individual is addicted to alcohol severely and is not able to stop drinking. When it comes to alcohol misuse, is a state where an individual drinks alcohol in a wrong or harmful way.
People suffering from alcohol abuse disorder must visit a reputed rehab center in their location. Otherwise, they might experience the above side effects. If you don’t have any idea about the rehab in San Fernando Valley, you could choose Concise Recovery. This rehab center creates the best treatment plan for you, which means you can come out of your addiction problem easily. Visit their website, to get in touch with their team online for the treatment.
People frequently conceal their drinking habits or deny that they have an addiction problem. What signs should you look for to see whether you or someone around you is in danger? Some of the signs of AUD are –
- Slurred speech
- Memory Lapses
- Inability to walk properly
When an individual drinks alcohol, it is very easy to recognize the psychological effects of alcohol. Avoid treating the individuals suffering from AUD separately. It is extremely important to show your love to them, to make them feel confident and happy. You need to also ensure that you don’t force them to stop drinking. Otherwise, they might react violently.